Team Up for St. Jude
Spirited by Varsity
This year, Varsity is teaming up with St. Jude to support its life saving mission of finding cures for children fighting cancer and other catastrophic illnesses. We want to help St. Jude kids have victory over pediatric cancer, and we need your team to help make it happen.
We’re asking each team member to help spread the word about this great cause by sending five letters to friends and family and asking them to make a donation – that’s it.
Here’s how your Team can be a part of this effort:
1. Once you have registered for camp, login to the RegistrationTracker on the UDA website and then click on "view" next to your invoice number. Then look for the Team Up for St Judge spirited by Varsity logo and click on it for more details on how to participate in the program.
2. Complete the fundraising letters and Team Up curriculum at a pre-camp practice or meeting.
3. Bring your fundraising letters and addresses with you to your UDA Camp. UDA will take care of mailing the letters for you! Cheerleaders and coaches who turn in at least five letters at camp will be awarded a special Team Up for St. Jude pin.
4. Stay tuned for updates from St. Jude and Varsity on how much your team raises for St. Jude.
5. Celebrate lives saved at St. Jude.
Varsity is proud to partner with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® in a program that engages teams in putting what we stand for – building morale, leadership, teamwork and spirit on and off the field – into action. During this year’s camp season, teams will have the opportunity to be a part of giving hope to St. Jude kids and being a powerful force in raising awareness for this most worthwhile mission.
Here are just a few reasons why St. Jude is a place like no other:
• St. Jude is one of the world’s premier centers for the research and treatment of pediatric cancer.
• St. Jude treats children from all across the U.S. and from around the world.
• All research discoveries made at St. Jude are freely shared with the global medical community, meaning one life saved at St. Jude translates into thousands around the world.
• No child is ever turned away because of a family’s inability to pay, and families without insurance never receive a bill for treatment.
• It costs more than $1.6 million per day to operate St. Jude, and that comes primarily from donations and the support of groups like yours – the Varsity Spirit Groups.
Your team can be the champion in the eyes of the patients at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The top teams who raise the most money for St. Jude from Varsity’s seven regions will be awarded an all expenses paid trip to Memphis, TN for two members of their squad/team as well as a coach or sponsor and a parent chaperone. This trip will include a visit to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital where team members will meet some very special St. Jude patients and their families. You'll participate in a recognition dinner, a TEAM UP for St. Jude – Spirited by Varsity photo shoot, a visit to Varsity’s headquarters with awards for each team from Varsity, a special press conference, recognition on varsity.com and more! Honorable mentions will also receive prizes from Varsity and Varsity.com recognition.
Grand Prize Winners Information: